Call Las Vegas Corporate Tax Service and talk to a professional about Incorporating in Nevada. 702.524.0553
INCORPORATING YOUR BUSINESS IN NEVADA; THE BASICS
If you are a Sole Proprietor and want to Incorporate your business in Nevada, or you want to start a new Corporation in Nevada, here is a list of some requirements you must complete before you can conduct business as a Corporation in Nevada;
- Obtain a new, or revised, Employer Identification Number from the IRS.
- Determine the type of Corporation; S Corp, C Corp or LLC.
- File Articles of Incorporation (Must include a Resident Agent) and Initial List of Officers with the Nevada Secretary of State, obtain a Nevada State Business License, State of Nevada Department of Taxation License, and a City of Las Vegas or Clark County Business License
- If you have Employees;
- Make sure your employees complete all required forms. For example, a W-4, an application for employment and provide proper identification to ensure they are eligible to work in the United States.
- Ensure you are in compliance with OSHA.
- Find a Payroll Service to process employee checks. The Payroll Service should also complete your required quarterly and yearly IRS filings.
- Set up an account with the State of Nevada Unemployment Insurance Division as you will need to make UI payments to them.
- Sign up with the IRS’s “EFPTS” Division for making your semi-weekly or monthly deposits.
This list is to give you an idea of what you will need to do and hopefully help you understand the basics. Incorporating in Nevada may benefit you in many ways, depending on the type of business you have and the manner in which you choose to Incorporate.
If you have any questions about incorporating your business in Nevada, please call (702) 524-0553.